SAML for ASP.NET Core
Fully Compliant with the SAML v2.0 Specification
The lightweight SAML for ASP.NET Core component plugs directly into your application enabling SAML service provider or identity provider support.
It’s been tested successfully against ADFS, Azure AD, Google, IdentityServer4, Office 365, Okta, OneLogin, Ping Identity, Salesforce, Shibboleth and many more.
A SAML component for ASP.NET is also available.
Example ASP.NET Core projects, with full source code, are included. The examples demonstrate:
- Acting as the service provider (SP)
- Acting as the identity provider (IdP)
- Service provider initiated SSO
- Identity provider initiated SSO
- Setting and retrieving SAML attributes
- SAML metadata creation and consumption
SP-Initiated SAML SSO Example
ASP.NET Core example projects are included demonstrating interoperability with:
The SAML component supports all .NET Core framework versions. This includes all versions of Visual Studio. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Server and Desktop are supported.
A high-level, configuration-driven API provides a very simple to use interface that hides the mechanics of SAML SSO. This makes it easy to add SSO functionality to your web application with just a few lines of code. Configuration changes, including adding support for additional partner identity providers or service providers, may be made with zero code changes.
Initiating SAML SSO from the SP
Initiating SAML SSO from the IdP
Receiving the SAML Response at the SP
The SAML authentication handler provides SSO support for service provider applications. The SAML middleware provides SSO support for identity provider applications. The middleware approach means even fewer lines of code.
For your assurance and convenience, the complete source code for the component is available for purchase.
For consulting and implementation inquires, contact us at email@example.com.
SAML v2.0 SPECIFICATION COMPLIANCE
All SAML v2.0 profiles are fully supported, acting as either the identity provider or service provider.
- Web browser single sign-on (identity provider and service provider initiated)
- Single logout
- Artifact resolution
- Identity provider discovery
- Authentication, attribute and assertion query
- Name identifier management and mapping
All SAML v2.0 protocols are fully supported.
- Create, modify and access SAML protocol messages
- Serialize SAML messages to and from XML
- Generate and verify XML signatures (SHA-1 and SHA-256) on SAML messages
All SAML v2.0 bindings are fully supported.
- HTTP POST
- HTTP Redirect
- HTTP Artifact
- SAML URI
SAML v2.0 assertions are fully supported.
- Create, modify and access SAML assertions
- Serialize SAML assertions to and from XML
- Generate and verify XML signatures (SHA-1 and SHA-256) on SAML assertions
- Encrypt and decrypt SAML assertions, attributes and identifiers
SAML v2.0 metadata is fully supported.
- Create, modify and access all SAML metadata
- Serialize to and from XML
- Generate and verify XML signatures (SHA-1 and SHA-256) on SAML metadata