SAML v2.0 for ASP.NET Core
Fully Compliant with the SAML v2.0 Specification
The SAML v2.0 component for ASP.NET Core is fully compliant with the OASIS Security Assertion Markup Language v2.0 specification.
It’s been tested successfully against Google Apps, Salesforce, Office 365, ADFS, Azure AD, Shibboleth and many more SAML offerings for interoperability.
Thousands of our clients have been using our components in production systems throughout the world for many years.
All SAML v2.0 profiles are fully supported, acting as either the identity provider or service provider.
- Web browser single sign-on (identity provider and service provider initiated)
- Single logout
- Artifact resolution
- Identity provider discovery
- Authentication, attribute and assertion query
- Name identifier management and mapping
All SAML v2.0 protocols are fully supported.
- Create, modify and access SAML protocol messages
- Serialize SAML messages to and from XML
- Generate and verify XML signatures (SHA-1 and SHA-256) on SAML messages
All SAML v2.0 bindings are fully supported.
- HTTP POST
- HTTP Redirect
- HTTP Artifact
- SAML URI
SAML v2.0 assertions are fully supported.
- Create, modify and access SAML assertions
- Serialize SAML assertions to and from XML
- Generate and verify XML signatures (SHA-1 and SHA-256) on SAML assertions
- Encrypt and decrypt SAML assertions, attributes and identifiers
SAML v2.0 metadata is fully supported.
- Create, modify and access all SAML metadata
- Serialize to and from XML
- Generate and verify XML signatures (SHA-1 and SHA-256) on SAML metadata
A high-level, configuration-driven API provides a very simple to use interface that hides the mechanics of SAML SSO. This makes it easy to add SSO functionality to your web application with just a few lines of code. Configuration changes, including adding support for additional partner identity providers or service providers, may be made with zero code changes.
Example ASP.NET Core projects, with full source code, are included. The examples demonstrate:
- Acting as the identity provider (IdP)
- Acting as the service provider (SP)
- Identity provider initiated SSO
- Service provider initiated SSO
- Setting and retrieving SAML attributes
ASP.NET Core example projects are included demonstrating integration with:
- Google Apps
- Office 365
- Azure AD
- Facebook at Work
- and many more...
For your assurance and convenience, the complete source code for the component is available for purchase.
The SAML component supports all the .NET Core framework versions from v1.0 and above. This includes support for Visual Studio 2015 and 2017. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, as well as Windows 7, 8 and 10, are supported.