ComponentSpace

Forums

RelayState from ReceiveSsoAsync is always null

RelayState from ReceiveSsoAsync is always null

Author
rshillington
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The fact that RelayState is always null is not surprising because it's not clear to me where that value is coming from.  Currently I'm testing with IdP Initiated login with OKTA.  My hunch is that the value would be set there, but I'm not seeing where.

rshillington
rshillington
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
rshillington - 6/7/2019
The fact that RelayState is always null is not surprising because it's not clear to me where that value is coming from.  Currently I'm testing with IdP Initiated login with OKTA.  My hunch is that the value would be set there, but I'm not seeing where.

Found it on the OKTA app configuration page.  
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace Development
ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Thanks for the update. Just to add to this, for IdP-initiated SSO the relay state is sent along with the SAML response and specifies the target URL (ie deep link) the SP should redirect to once SSO completes. It's normally part of the IdP's configuration.

Regards
ComponentSpace Development
GO