ComponentSpace

Forums

CanSloAsync() returns false

CanSloAsync() returns false

Author
kedi
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
In sp-iniated slo case, when calling ssoStatus.CanSloAsync(); it always returns false. And ssoStatus.IsSloCompletionPending(); returns false too.
What's the problem behind, how can troubleshot this problem?

ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace Development
ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
CanSloAsync returns false if there's been no previous SSO or if there has but there's no single logout service URL configured for the partner provider.

If there's still an issue, please enable SAML trace and send the generated log file as an email attachment to [email protected] mentioning your forum post.

https://www.componentspace.com/Forums/7936/Enabling-SAML-Trace  

Regards
kedi
kedi
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)

ComponentSpace - 3/15/2020
CanSloAsync returns false if there's been no previous SSO or if there has but there's no single logout service URL configured for the partner provider.

If there's still an issue, please enable SAML trace and send the generated log file as an email attachment to [email protected] mentioning your forum post.

https://www.componentspace.com/Forums/7936/Enabling-SAML-Trace  

Hi there,
The tricky part is it works locally but when I publish to Azure, it failed logout.
Another thing that I just noticed is that once I clicked the 'logout' button, when it redirects to another exception page, the cookie value of 'saml-session' changed. Is it because those values do not match?
Btw, just to confirm that once a sso completes, both idp and sp will have a cookie named "saml-session" right? And they should have same value? Will to results to slo failure if the idp site does not hold this 'saml-session' cookie?

Thanks 
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)

We use the saml-session cookie to remember the previous SSO state so we can support SLO. If the saml-session cookie isn't presented by the browser, it will be initialized with a new value and any previous SAML session state will be lost.

If both the IdP and SP applications are using our library, both will have a saml-session cookie. If both applications are running on the same host the saml-sessoon cookie value will be the same.

You may be running into issues with the recent Chrome update (version 80) which has changed the default behaviour of the SameSite cookie property. For more information, please refer to:

https://www.componentspace.com/Forums/10491/SAML-Cookie-SameSite-Mode-None 

Regards
kedi
kedi

ComponentSpace - 3/15/2020
We use the saml-session cookie to remember the previous SSO state so we can support SLO. If the saml-session cookie isn't presented by the browser, it will be initialized with a new value and any previous SAML session state will be lost.

If both the IdP and SP applications are using our library, both will have a saml-session cookie. If both applications are running on the same host the saml-sessoon cookie value will be the same.

You may be running into issues with the recent Chrome update (version 80) which has changed the default behaviour of the SameSite cookie property. For more information, please refer to:

https://www.componentspace.com/Forums/10491/SAML-Cookie-SameSite-Mode-None 

Thank you! When I was debugging, I found out that the idp site doesn't have this 'saml-session' cookie, will this result in fail of SLO?
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace

I'm assuming your site is the SP. What happens at the IdP as far as session state and cookies is independent from your SP. You mentioned that the saml-session cookie value changed. This indicates the SAML session state has been lost and I suspect it's caused by the Chrome 80 change I mentioned.

Regards
kedi
kedi

ComponentSpace - 3/16/2020
I'm assuming your site is the SP. What happens at the IdP as far as session state and cookies is independent from your SP. You mentioned that the saml-session cookie value changed. This indicates the SAML session state has been lost and I suspect it's caused by the Chrome 80 change I mentioned.

Hi team,

Thanks so much! Indeed it's the SameSite problem!
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace

Thanks for the update.

Regards
GO