ComponentSpace

Forums

SP/IDP initiated single logout behavior

SP/IDP initiated single logout behavior

Author
Ify
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
ComponentSpace - 6/5/2020
Is the method where you're calling ISamlServiceProvider.InitiateSloAsync returning an EmptyResult?

For example:

public async Task<IActionResult> InitiateSingleLogout(string returnUrl = null)
{
  // Request logout at the identity provider.
  await _samlServiceProvider.InitiateSloAsync(relayState: returnUrl);

return new EmptyResult();
}

What page do you end up on in the browser? This should provide a clue as to what's going wrong.
Thank you for yor quick response
No. Here is my method

public async void SendLogoutRequestToIdp()
{
try
{
var ssoState = await SamlServiceProvider.GetStatusAsync();

if (await ssoState.CanSloAsync())
{
await SamlServiceProvider.InitiateSloAsync();
}

}
catch (Exception e)
{
//log error
}
}

This method is  called by  the sp's logout method.
Also I will like to point out that the Idp Servicelogout method which will be receiving the request is not of type Task<IActionResult>

ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace Development
ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
What page do you end up on in the browser? 

The call to InitiateSloAsync will return a 302 redirect HTTP response to the browser. The URL will be the IdP's logout service with the logout request encoded as a SAMLRequest query string parameter.

I suggest using the browser developer tools (F12) to capture the network traffic to see what's happening.

Regards
Ify
Ify
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)

What page do you end up on in the browser? 

The call to InitiateSloAsync will return a 302 redirect HTTP response to the browser. The URL will be the IdP's logout service with the logout request encoded as a SAMLRequest query string parameter.

I suggest using the browser developer tools (F12) to capture the network traffic to see what's happening.

I am using the dev tool and also saml trace nothing is sent.

I will like to point out that i have 2 applications one in .Net Core and the other in .Net
instead of using your .Net Core idp example , i am trying to reuse your idp web form project in order to support the 2 applications.
Is this possible?
Does I have to use the .Net Core Idp Example Project for my .Net Core application?
I am new to .Net Core pls bear with me. Any suggestion can help

ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)

There are no issues with an ASP.NET Core SP application interoperating with an ASP.NET IdP application. 
Please send the SAML log file to [email protected] mentioning your forum post.
Also, save the browser developer tools network traffic to an HAR file and include that in the email.

Regards
Ify
Ify

There are no issues with an ASP.NET Core SP application interoperating with an ASP.NET IdP application. 
Please send the SAML log file to [email protected] mentioning your forum post.
Also, save the browser developer tools network traffic to an HAR file and include that in the email.

Thank you again for your resoponse. I have send the HAR file saml tracer log .

ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace

Thanks. I'll reply to your email.

Regards
GO