ComponentSpace

Forums

Is there a way to know what the target url is at the Identity provider?

Is there a way to know what the target url is at the Identity...

Author
mbonthu@acep.org
New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Is there a way to know what the target url is at the Identity provider?
code at sp:     SAMLServiceProvider.InitiateSSO(HttpContext.Current.Response, null, targeturl, partnerIdP);
code at the idp:   SAMLIdentityProvider.ReceiveSSO(Request, out partnerSP); -> I want to know what the target url is here as I need to show a different skin on the idp login page based on a query string parameter on teh target url. All i see is the encrypted Return url and SAML requestlooking something like this

http://localhost/idp/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fidp%2fSAML%2fSSOService%3fSAMLRequest%3dfZLR........

If that is not the right approach to handle this scenario, please advise what is correct.

Tags
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace Development
ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
The third parameter to SAMLServiceProvider.InitiateSSO is actually the optional SAML relay state.
For SP-initiated SSO the relay state is a value that the SP may send along with the authn request to the IdP and the IdP will return it to the SP along with the SAML response. The relay state is not a target URL and its value is opaque to the IdP.
For IdP-initiated SSO the relay state is a target URL and specifies to the SP which page to redirect to once SSO completes.
We don't expose the relay state sent by the SP to the IdP application as this is handled internally by us and the value of this relay state is not a target URL or anything else that can be interpreted by the IdP application.
Just to confirm, do you want to customize the login page at the IdP based on information sent from the SP as part of the SSO?

Regards
[email protected]
mbonthu@acep.org
New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)

*Just to confirm, do you want to customize the login page at the IdP based on information sent from the SP as part of the SSO?         

-Yes. That is exactly what I wanted.

ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)

This isn't something we currently support in our SAML high level API.
Would you want to send the additional information as query string parameters?
If so, if we provided an overload to our SAMLServiceProvider.InitiateSSO to allow you to specify these query string parameters and we appended these to the configured SSO service URL for the IdP, would that meet your requirements?

Regards
[email protected]
mbonthu@acep.org

Yes. I think that should do it. Thanks v much
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace

Ok. Please email [email protected] mentioning this topic so we can get an update to you when it's available. Thanks.

Regards
[email protected]
mbonthu@acep.org

Okay. Just did. Any idea, how long it might take. I need to update the Boss.

ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace

We should have an update available next week.

Regards
[email protected]
mbonthu@acep.org

Hi, On the same lines, Can an overload also be added to the
SAMLServiceProvider.InitiateSLO
method to accept a targeturl/query string params and then sent back from the IDP.

When I logout, I need to redirect the user to a target url that I pass to the idp. This is just for the logout portion of my situation that was describer earlier.

To summarize,
I have 2 pages in the same applicaiton

Page A -> IDP Login Screen with Skin A -> Page A ->Logout -> Page A's Redirect page that should show up after logout

Page B -> IDP Login Screen with Skin B -> Page B -> Logout -> Page B''s Redirect page that should show up after logout

Thanks
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace

We'll take a look at this as well.

Regards
GO