ComponentSpace

Forums

Rollover local certificate

Rollover local certificate

Author
scott@frankcohengroup.com
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Greetings!  
Our app is using SAML v2.0 for .NET 4.2.0
We recently had a partner issue a new certificate, and whilst working with the app's certificate folder I noticed that our local certificate had expired in May 2020.  I read your Certificate Guide and I see the steps we could take to specify the old and new certs, even by partner.
But, if the public key has not changed, can't I just copy a new CER file into the folder and be done?

Best,
Scott
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace Development
ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
If the new certificate has the same public key as the old certificate then yes the new certificate file should work. There is no issue with rolling over from the old to the new.

We don't check the expiry date etc of the certificates.  

Regards
ComponentSpace Development
GO