ComponentSpace

Forums

ADFSSP example Attributes

ADFSSP example Attributes

Author
rpuser
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I am currently looking at the AssertionConsumerService.aspx page and I am wondering how to fetch the attributes from the response sent from the ADSF Idp.
The decrypted xml response includes the following:

<AttributeStatement>
<Attribute Name="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims/emailaddress">
<AttributeValue>[email protected]</AttributeValue>
</Attribute>
</AttributeStatement>

I am trying to use the SAMLcomponent library to get the email in the response.

samlAssertion.GetAttributes("emailaddress") does not work or even samlAssertion.GetAttributes("http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims/emailaddress")

ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace
ComponentSpace Development
ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)ComponentSpace Development (4.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
I'd recommend taking a look at our SAML high-level API. This is simpler to use than the low-level API calls including SAMLAssertion.GetAttributes.
The high-level API SAMLServiceProvider.ReceiveSSO returns an out parameter that is the attributes. There are a few different overloads but either the attributes may be returned as an IDictionary of SAML attribute names and values or an array of SAMLAttribute objects.
The high-level API ExampleServiceProvider project demonstrates calling this API and accessing the SAML attributes returned by the identity provider.
Our Developer Guide also describes using the ExampleServiceProvider as a relying party (ie service provider) and with ADFS as the claims provider (ie identity provider).
If you're still having issues, please let me know.

Regards
ComponentSpace Development
GO